what's HUGE in 2010

>> January 2, 2010

I can't believe that it is already 2010.
Really what I can't believe is that it was already 10 years ago that we were sitting in Bruce's parent's den, waiting for the Times Square ball to drop, wondering if there would really be any adverse affects to Y2K.
I was pregnant with Merritt - our first child.
We were still pastoring SBCC in San Bernardino.

When I consider where God has brought us in the last 10 years - so many things that were even beyond our dreaming - I can't help but wonder what God has in store for the next 10 years.

What does He have planned for us that we don't even know to dream about?
I know that the dreams He has given me for 2010 are huge.
I know that the burden He has laid on my heart for prayer in 2010 is huge.
I know that what He wants to do in Hanford in 2010 is huge.

So I look forward to 2010 with anticipation and excitement
because I serve a HUGE God
and I know He will show up in a huge way if we just look for Him.

What huge dreams has God given you for the year ahead?

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Ephesians 3:20-21

6 responses:

Christy January 4, 2010 at 2:12 PM  

My freind asked me what I was doing ten years ago and I said trying to have a baby. Then when the ball dropped I got to kiss my TO favorite kiddos in the world. Isnt God good! I havent thought to much about 10 years from now cause having two teen age girls puts fear through my body although I have thought about this year and how I would love to see God grow our family. :)

Eileen January 6, 2010 at 2:48 PM  

What a great post! What was I doing 10 years ago? Oh yeah, cancer, chemotherapy and radiation. Two year death sentence diagnosis was July 1998, then 13 months of treatment. And here I am in 2010 feeling better than ever!!! What a blessing everyone was at SBCC for me during that time, and you and Bruce were instrumental in that. And prayer works! He is so good!

Crystal January 6, 2010 at 6:16 PM  

Wow, crazy to hear remember Eileen's battle with cancer. You just forget stuff like that you know? Wow. And Christy now with two cutie pies, you forget the pain and struggle.

Ten years ago I had just started my internship with Teen Mania. It changed my life. Open my eyes to international people and places. Birthed in me a love for other cultures. And more importantly deepened my relationship with God. Wow to that too. And I echo Eileen, SBCC was my main support system while at Teen Mania.

These next ten years...I will hopefully have at least a couple little ones and trust God with the rest.

Anonymous January 7, 2010 at 12:55 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jolene Grace January 15, 2010 at 10:29 PM  

Wow...what amazing things you all reminded me of! What fabulous and tremendous things God has done! I'm just praising Him from reading all of this!

Ten years ago my parents moved to Montana, leaving me in Southern California. I became who I am today because of that one momenteous event. God is truly faithful.

Adventures of Supermom January 20, 2010 at 6:29 PM  

Hmmm, ten years ago I was single, and in college.. I really like the inspiration you give to look ahead to the next ten years... i will be thinking about that this week.

P.S. I'm loving the new profile pic!

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP