This side of the cross

>> February 10, 2010

I just finished reading Leviticus.
This is usually a book one skims or skips over completely, but as I focus on worship this year, I found it incredibly relevant and the timing of it God-appointed.
As we live in grace on this side of the cross, we tend to lose sight of how seriously God takes holiness.
And how seriously He takes worship.
(Two of Aaron's sons died because they burned the wrong kind of fire in worship.)

“You must be holy because I the Lord your God am holy.”
Leviticus 19:2

And as I read it, I am so incredibly grateful that God chose that I would serve Him on this side of the cross.

Lord, let my life be an offering of worship that honors your holiness.

2 responses:

Christy February 11, 2010 at 10:52 PM  

Our pastor often jokes that we are the only church that DOESN'T skip that book of the bible. ;)

Jolene Grace February 16, 2010 at 7:56 PM  

What a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing, my beautiful friend!

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP