The Zoo...

>> May 28, 2009

We didn't have a Memorial Day picnic this year.
So instead of sitting around doing nothing,
We packed up the kids and went to the Fresno Chaffee Zoo.
MUCH fun was had by all!
This was Molly's first trip to the zoo.
And even though Mason has been before, he didn't remember.
So, in essence, it was his first trip too.
Here are a few pictures of the fun...






Last time we were at this zoo, they didn't do this...
(I'm glad they do now though as it was quite a highlight for the kids.)



Molly zonked out before we got into the petting zoo.



As I have been editing pictures today, Molly keeps getting in my lap so she can see the animals.
She calls out what she wants to see and expects me to get that picture up.
Molly: "uuummmm Tiger."
Mom shows her the tiger.
Molly: "uuummmm Monkey"
Mom shows her the black Siamang
Molly: "No, the monkey with the grass"
Mom shows her the orangutan
Molly: "There it is. Uuummmmm, Elephant."

You get the idea.
I obliged for about 30 minutes and then found a way to distract her.
But every time I've sat at the computer since then (this morning), she finds me, begs to get in my lap ("I hold you"), and says, "I want the tiger" (or another animal. It's different each time.)

So here is one of those animal pictures...



I posted more here.

4 responses:

Crystal May 29, 2009 at 7:28 AM  

Again, I love that little window into your world..too cute :)!

I love hand feeding the giraffes. When Eileen, Stephen and I drove through that animal park (Fossil Rim) it was the first time I did it...it was the coolest experience.

Eileen May 29, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

SO CUTE! What a great family day!!!

Anonymous May 29, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

OMG Rhonda! Molly and Nathan are meant to be together! In the last 6mos he has gone to the zoo a zillion times and started to identify with animals. Like HE is a different animal each day. So between his two gramas they've boght him those animal figures from Target (near the puppets) and he has almost a whole zoo. So now when we "look" in the toy section he'll say, "Umm, I neeeeed um a polar bear or meekat, etc." So funny!~Jess

Debra D. June 1, 2009 at 10:42 PM  

Love the tiger shot!!!
You are an amazing photographer!!
Keep growing Rhonda, I love it!!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP