Back To School

>> August 12, 2009


Summer vacation is over.
We are officially back in school.









The boys were pretty excited for their first day of school.
Mason already knew that one of his buddies from last year and from t-ball was going to be in his class. (They called each other as soon as they got their class lists to see if they would be in the same class again.) And Merritt knew of one friend that would be in his class that lives down the street.
But the anticipation was high about who else they would share a class with this year.
I mean, really, its all about who is in your class (and, for Mason, who will notice your new shoes and think they're cool.)

I'm happy to report good things all around!

For the last couple of years, Merritt has anticipated a specific friend possibly being in his class, but it hasn't ever happened. This year Merritt hadn't even mentioned him in his anticipation of the new class, but to his great surprise, not only is his friend in his class, but they are seated next to each other.
(Although I'm not too confident that will last very long for my social child.)
As a matter of fact, he is one of the first friends we ran into when we got to school this morning and he was excited to tell Merritt the news that they were finally in the same class.



Once we dropped the boys off, guess what Mom, Dad & Molly did...



We haven't had this kind of morning all summer.

One more picture, just because...



Hope you had a great day today!

6 responses:

Annie August 12, 2009 at 7:34 PM  

It seems like just yesterday Merritt was sitting at his kinder table in my room! I love the flag photo. Oh Molly, you are to precious in that last picture! I'm glad that everyone had a great first day back.
Merritt's teacher looks familiar. I think she taught for HESD when I was there.

Soko August 12, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

Wow! They are getting so big so fast! I can't believe how grown up they all look. Thanks for sharing the memories with us all. :)

Jessica August 13, 2009 at 8:38 AM  

I can't believe it's already time for school to start! Cute pictures, I love the one of Molly drinking :) The blogs you designed are great, you are good at that!

Christy August 14, 2009 at 9:30 PM  

welcome back friend. :) Whew, I cant believe I have a 3d grader and a child in K this year. How did that happen? Hope you guys have a rockin' school year with lots of quiet mornings at Starbucks together. :)

Melissa August 28, 2009 at 2:04 AM  

That's so funny that you mentioned Mason's shoes. Jason noticed he was wearing new shoes to church and had him show them to the class. I don't think his smile could have been any bigger. He was so happy that Jason noticed. This is why the boys all love J-Dog! LOL!

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP