Our Princess is 3

>> May 31, 2010

   

A little over a month ago, she started telling me that when her birthday came, she wanted it to be pink.
"Can my daddy make me pink cupcakes?"

So pink is what she got.

3 is lots of fun, because at that age they can really understand what "birthday" means -
at least what it means for a 3 year old...
"I'm not 2 anymore, I'm 3 now", cake, presents, and for her, a pink celebration.
She was even counting down the days for the past couple of weeks, telling me, "Mommy, my birthday is coming to Fresno and I'm going to be big. I'm going to be 3."
(I'm still not sure what she meant about it coming to Fresno. But it made me giggle every time she said it.)

Here was the conversation on the morning of her birthday:
"Guess what sweetie? Today is your birthday and your 3 now."
"No mommy, I'm only 2"
"But today is your birthday."
"(Big grin) I'm really 3?"
"Yes, you're really 3 now."
"(disappointed) But my friends didn't come."
"Honey, it's still early. You will see your friends in your Sunday school class."
"But you have to sing. My brothers have to sing to me."

She got sung to a lot.
And she's proud to be 3.

    

Can you guess what kind of gifts she got?
(hint: look at the difference in how she looks in the picture above, taken before she opened her gifts, and below, taken after she opened her gifts.)  

    

   

WE LOVE YOU PRINCESS!!!
And we're so excited for what 3 years old will hold for you.


3 responses:

Christy June 1, 2010 at 4:26 PM  

Molly your three! Are you sure your three? No it can't be. Already? Are you sure your not sixteen cause you look awful grown in those fancy clothes and earings. :) Happy birthday sweet "pink" princess. :)

Lori June 1, 2010 at 10:56 PM  

She's beautiful. What a joy a little princess can be. I love that she's on the trampoline in her gown. Sweet.

Jessica June 3, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

So sweet... what a pretty princess she makes :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP