What a week - part 2

>> June 15, 2010

Part 1

I was so exhausted when I woke up on Sunday morning.
I just wanted to cry because I was so tired.
I definitely didn't want to lead worship.
I didn't have anything left to give and lead, but that was the whole reason I even drove home on Saturday.
So I clung to 2 Corinthians 12:9-10:

"He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
And while I was getting ready, Bruce tells me of a conversation he had the night before with Brenda Holz (one of the missionaries from Africa that the team from Epic helped last summer), who was in Hanford to come to Epic that morning, about our family going to Africa next year to minister to the pastors in Africa.
I was too tired to grasp this. My first thought was how expensive it would be to get us there and that we could actually adopt a child from Uganda with that money.
God is so good though.
In my fatigue I just didn't have the energy to be rational or think about the what ifs. I just put those thoughts aside and said, "God if it's Your will, I will go anywhere You call me."
Now, hear me here when I say, I always (although not always very quickly) get to that point.
That is ALWAYS the expression of my heart.
But sometimes I have to struggle with my mind and my flesh in these matters.
I actually surprised myself this time, because my usual response to the idea of a missions trip is excitment, not trepidation.
God is really changing me in so many ways these days.
Maybe I'll get the opportunity to share more about that in other posts.

Back to the purpose of THIS post...
I got myself to Pioneer Middle School (where Epic meets on Sunday mornings) and met with God and His people. I can't explain to you how good that was for me if you don't already know from personal experience.
Just know that It was SOOOO GOOD!
Especially considering all that the rest of the day would hold.
  *  Lunch and Superior Dairy ice cream (a treat saved for when we have visitors in town) with the Volz family and some Epic family too.
  *  Hearing a bit of what God has been laying on Brenda's heart for our family in Africa next year straight from Brenda's mouth. (more on that later too as God reveals His plan.)
  *  And an end of the season Baseball party for Merritt's baseball team.


Knowing that Monday would bring rest kept me going!
Monday brought more than rest, but that is for another post...

(please join us in praying about God's purposes for our family in regards to Africa, and I will keep you up to date as God reveals more to me.)

1 responses:

Christy June 15, 2010 at 2:29 PM  

Whew, I'm emotionally exhausted just reading this. Cant wait to see where and when God takes you. :) You can blog from Africa right? ;)

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP