First day of 2nd grade

>> August 24, 2007



Merritt started 2nd grade last Wednesday. And the praise report is that he LOVES his new school and new teacher. Last year wasn't the most positive experience for him and on last Monday, when I tried to get him excited about school starting, he said, "I hate school. I wish summer was longer." By Wednesday morning, he was anxious to try out the new setting and came home talking our ears off about his day. The biggest part of the praise is that when I picked him up Thursday and told him that he was going to miss Friday (because Bruce and I had to go out of town and so he had to go with us), he was extremely disappointed and begged me to let him go to school. Is this my kid? So we compromised. He went to school for 1/2 of the day and we left town a few hours late. The picture above is of him in his classroom at his new desk, before school on Wednesday.

Here is one more of him in front of his classroom door.



Oh... and can I say "Snaggletooth?" You can see it in the top picture. His front tooth has been loose since the end of the last school year and now, 2 months later, the new tooth is almost in, with the old one still there - sticking out because there is no room for it in his mouth.

Here is a better picture of it...

My poor kid is destined to need braces. Wiggle that tooth out Merritt!

2 responses:

Jessica August 26, 2007 at 2:51 PM  

Wow, I can't believe he is in second grade! That is the grade I taught for the past three years. A lot of them look pretty snaggletoothed in second grade :)

DonnaG August 27, 2007 at 6:41 PM  

Heyyyyy. Love the teeth. Jacob just finished 3rd grade and lots of kids have the same "skyline" in their mouths.

Tell Merritt congratulations on 2nd grade.

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP