Progress on our new house...

>> September 28, 2007

We aren't moved in yet, but we are still working diligently. The countertops will be in on Monday. The kitchen plumbing will be hooked up and the appliances installed on Tuesday. The floor is about 1/4 of the way installed as of noon today.

On Monday I started my reupholstery project. It has taken all week to get one of the club chairs unupholstered and ready for its new fabric. Hopefully, that just went slowly because I was being very deliberate and careful, learning how it was originally put together as I tore it apart so that it is put back together correctly. The other three chairs should go more quickly (I hope).
Here is what the chair looked like when I started ...


and here it is as of yesterday afternoon...

I'll post more pictures next week.
(We probably won't be moving in until the week after next because Bruce will be in Atlanta at a conference all week next week.)

I am thanking God for blessing us with this house as I pay our first mortgage payment today!

3 responses:

Christy September 29, 2007 at 6:48 PM  

cant wait to see those chairs........keep it up girl! Miss you!

Jessica September 30, 2007 at 2:46 PM  

Wow... you are very talented to be able to reupholster a chair! I can't wait to see the finished project!

DonnaG October 2, 2007 at 7:41 AM  

I love projects like that one. I am anxiously awaiting the chair. And just to give you a little boost.... we remodeled our kitchen 1 1/2 years ago when, uhhmmm, we sold our other house (thank you very much) and we still don't have countertops. We are chopping on plywood.

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP