Soccer time

>> September 28, 2007

We are full in the swing of soccer season now. Saturday was Merritt's second game and I remembered the camera.






Merritt is quite a different player this year than he was last year. Last year was his introduction to soccer and, although he loved his experience, I think he loved being a part of a team more than playing the game. So I was actually a little surprised when he said he wanted to play this year. He is doing so well. He actually watches the ball (and not the birds) this year. He said to me the other day, "Mom, aren't you glad I'm not goofing off so much this year?" This comment came out of the blue and I thought he meant goofing off in general. When he saw the look on my face in response to his question he said, "You know, in soccer. I am actually playing the game this year."

After the game we went to eat with some friends who were down from Fresno to help us with lighting at our house. Merritt rode with them in their car from the restaurant to our new house and as they were leaving they passed a person who was asking for money, holding a sign that said "down on luck. God Bless." Our friends said that about 3 minutes after they passed that person, as they were sitting at a stop light, waiting to turn, Merritt said, "You could have helped that person." then, "That's ok. Did you just choose not to?" Its amazing how kids challenge us.

AND I know, I know. Its already Friday and the soccer game was last Saturday. That tells you how much I have been sitting at the computer the past couple of weeks.

2 responses:

Christy September 29, 2007 at 6:50 PM  

I love the action shots! Great job Merritt! Keep up the good work! Soccer is such good exercise and a great team sport. I know you will have fun and do well.

DonnaG October 2, 2007 at 7:43 AM  

Kids + Soccer = the best times ever.

Gooooooo Merritt!

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP