I lost

>> March 10, 2008

5 more pounds this week.

For those of you who asked what I am doing...
I am mostly following the South Beach Diet.
It's what I know because It's what I've done in the past, and for me is the easiest diet for life change. Really, since I first started South Beach Diet we have changed the way we shop for groceries in our house. I haven't purchased bread, pasta, etc. that isn't whole wheat or whole grain in years.
Since my introduction to South Beach I always read ingredients and steer clear of "enriched" grains and hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils.
I also substitute turkey for chicken whenever possible (ground turkey, chicken dogs, turkey bacon, etc...)

This is why I say mostly following South Beach Diet, because I have been eating like this for years and have gotten fat eating this way. I do realize that eating out is a sure bet to gaining weight and my sweet tooth had to be killed, but I also realize that my portion sizes had gotten out of control. So I have combined South Beach with Weight Watchers this time around. I am counting points as well as making healthy food choices. This has been a huge help for me in knowing just how big my portions should be and if I have already eaten too much to have a sensible dessert.

Also I purchased this guide to eating out. I knew that restaurant food had more calories than I should eat, but I have been pretty appalled to find out just how much. It has been quite helpful when eating out was our only option.

I don't want to just eat something anymore without knowing what I am putting in my body.

I haven't had nearly the exercise I should. (I only got 1 one-mile walk in this past week.) But I am trying to get more. I know that I am not going to change my flabbiness without it.

So that's it in a nutshell. Also, I am only in week 2 of my diet and have A LOT of weight left to lose. The closer I get to my goal the slower the pounds will shed. But I am not discouraged by that. I want it to come off in a way that it will stay off.

So here's to a lifetime of healthy habits that have started anew in my house!

6 responses:

Jessica March 11, 2008 at 7:45 AM  

Good job! That's awesome. Weight Watchers is great. Keep up the good work :)

Christy March 11, 2008 at 10:17 AM  

Good job Rhonda! I am proud of you. You can do it! Heres to life style changes that will also direct your kids on how they live when they are grown. :)

Sheri Leming March 11, 2008 at 10:33 AM  

I just had to tell you this...because you said you have a LOT to lose...Tyler told me how great and thin you look at the funeral last Wednesday. By the way, Lauren said Bruce did an amazing job!

Love you and miss you much!
Sheri

Diana March 11, 2008 at 4:15 PM  

I'm so proud of you! It's awesome that you're seeing success right away; it helps keep you motivated knowing that the changes you're making are working. Good job!

Lori March 11, 2008 at 8:31 PM  

Yay for you! Good luck with "the war." Isabeau from the Biggest Loser last season said something that still sticks with me. She said weight loss is a daily battle, and something that she will have to face the rest of her life. As depressing as that sounds, I have to remember it, because like her, I battle the scale on a daily basis too. Why couldn't I have been born with the thin genes?

christy p March 19, 2008 at 6:28 PM  

WHOOO HOOOOO! Way to go! It is just SO hard...especially if you are like me, and LOVE food. :(
Looking forward to your updates!

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP