Crazy Love

>> September 19, 2008

I am currently reading this book. (If you have time when you click on the link. Go to the videos link and watch the awe factor of God. God is HUGE and this video is a pretty awesome representation of that fact.)
I am about 1/2 way through and can't recommend it enough.
I was drawn to purchase it because I really like the pastor who wrote it.
I look forward to reading it again, but this time with friends so I have someone to discuss it with.
(What do you think my accountability girls?)

Here is a quote from today's reading that I have been pondering...
"The very fact that a holy, eternal, all-knowing, all-powerful, merciful, fair, and just God loves you and me is nothing short of astonishing.

The wildest part is that Jesus doesn't have to love us. His being is utterly complete and perfect, apart from humanity. He doesn't need me or you. yet He wants us, chooses us, even considers us His inheritance (Eph. 1:18). The greatest knowledge we can ever have is knowing God treasures us.

That really is amazing beyond description. The holy Creator sees you as His "glorious inheritance."

The irony is that while God doesn't need us but still wants us, we desperately need God but don't really want Him most of the time. He treasures us and anticipates our departure from this earth to be with Him - and we wonder, indifferently, how much we have to do for Him to get by."

It's that last sentence that gets me. I DO want God, but my actions don't always line up with that. And I think about that last sentence and realize that sometimes that is the attitude I have when it comes to things like quiet time. And, as Francis Chan points out, God didn't command a quiet time from us. What He did say was "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." (Matt 22:37-38) Shouldn't that result in me wanting to spend time with God? With me having to fit other things in my schedule around God instead of me having to schedule quiet time in? I am challenged by this.

5 responses:

Jessica September 19, 2008 at 3:11 PM  

Ahhh, thanks for the food for thought.

Anonymous September 19, 2008 at 8:27 PM  

Sounds like a great book. Count me in!
Bethany

Crystal September 20, 2008 at 9:56 PM  

I agree so much with your desire to spend time with God, draw closer to Him, but sometimes just the opposite happens. And there's no pat answer.

Sounds like a great book...love the title.

Christy September 22, 2008 at 10:27 AM  

I watched the link and think I will have to get the book and check it out for myself. Thanks for the thoughtful post. Love ya' friend!

Eileen September 23, 2008 at 2:37 PM  

Awesome... and a great reminder!

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP