A legacy

>> September 17, 2008

Even though, we had just visited, it was so nice to see my family in CO again.
My brother and sister were both able to fly in for the funeral as well.
It is really sad that we all had to go to CO from CA for a funeral to get to spend some quality time together. My aunt took this picture of us while we were there.


The funeral was such a nice memorial to who my grandmother was.
My grandmother loved Jesus.
She was passionate about others knowing Jesus too, especially her family.
I think my biggest loss when my grandma died, was the prayer that will no longer be lifted up for me from her hospital bed.
My grandma loved to pray.
She once told me, when it was getting harder for her to get out and around, that she didn't feel like her job was done yet. And she was realizing that her new ministry was going to have to happen from her house. It was time for her to start praying more.

My grandma didn't have much. She raised 5 boys, mostly as a single mom.


I remember her working at Woolworth's for awhile. But that's not much for a single mom of 5. God provided for her every need though - and she would argue you to the ground if you said she made it any other way. There was a story told at her memorial service about her not having medical insurance because she didn't have the money to both tithe and pay for insurance. She chose to trust God and obey Him. She gave her tithe and God provided for her needs, including the health of her family.

She left a God-filled legacy. I am truly blessed to have been given a godly grandmother.



In the evening after the memorial service, we had the privilege of taking my cousing to college. She missed her first day of classes for the memorial service. Here are a few pictures of the campus. Isn't it beautiful?



4 responses:

Christy September 17, 2008 at 4:14 PM  

thats a very sweet post. I love all the photos, old and new! :) I am glad you were all able to attend the service for your grandmother.
And yes the campus is beautiful!!

Anonymous September 23, 2008 at 4:14 PM  

What campus is this and where is it?

Rhonda September 23, 2008 at 4:23 PM  

It is Regis University in Denver CO.

Anonymous September 24, 2008 at 12:22 PM  

I think I've been there. Midget

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP