December

>> January 9, 2009

I know, I know... I have been an awful blogger.
It has been more than a month since my last post - and a busy month at that.
I hope you haven't given up on me.
The Christmas season was a bit wierd for me.
It came and went without ever truly feeling like Christmas.
I'm not really sure why either.
Honestly, I think it was just too busy in a non-Christmasy way.
And I am amazed that it is already 2009.
I can't believe that we were sitting in Bruce's parents living room 9 years ago - almost a decade - anticipating what might or could happen as a result of Y2K. I was pregnant with Merritt on that New Year. Wow has time flown by!

Amidst the craziness of last month, I do have some highlights to share with you.

First (and maybe best) I got to meet this fabulous little boy for the first time (and go to Louisiana for the first time too)...





Joshua is the son of my best friend from High School. We met when we were 14 years old. And today is her birthday. Happy Birthday Yvette!


I am so grateful that God has woven our paths together in such a way that our friendship is still strong (if not stronger) in 2009 - and we both love God (something we didn't share in high school).

Next, I started working again providing daycare for my neighbor's children (a 3-month old, a 6- year old and a 9-year old). I watch the baby all day, take the older kids to school with my kids, and keep them after school until their mom gets home from work.
My kids LOVE this. The 9-year old and Merritt are in the same class at school and have become great friends. And Molly thinks she has her own baby to care for.
It's not the office job I used to have, but it keeps me busy for sure, and helps a little with the household finances. And the best part is that I still get to be home.

Molly learned how to open the doors in our house. And she loves that she can get in the pantry to get herself "nacks". Unfortunately, that means A LOT more sweeping for me.
She also likes to take the trash cans out of the trash drawer and carry them around the house.
She's pretty busy these days. As a result, we didn't put any of our regular Christmas ornaments on our tree this year. Our tree was decorated with ornaments and garlands we made (& some silk flowers). At first I was a little disappointed, but I ended up liking the finished product very much.

Merritt started playing Basketball for the Hanford NJB. His first game was today. I still haven't taken any pictures, but I will.

Here are some pictures from December...













And our New Year card...


As I think about 2009, I plan on focusing more on Love.
I want to Love God more and let His love flow through me to those around me more abundantly. I pray 2009 is off to a great start for you!

7 responses:

christy p January 10, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

Ok...here is my list.

1. I have been a bad blogger as well. You still have me as a dedicated reader!

2. That baby is adorable.

3. Christmas didn't feel like Christmas to me either. It all came too fast, and we had too many outside stresses. Due to this Dale and I are SERIOUSLY reducing our commitments.

4. I LOVE the New Years card....did you make it yourself??? If not, where did you make it??

5. Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Jessica January 11, 2009 at 7:52 AM  

The tutu picture cracks me up, totally made me smile. The other pictures are great too :)

You are busy.... taking on three extra kiddos. Glad that you can still stay at home while you work :)

Christy January 11, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

aahhhhhhh, I LOVED seeing Yvette and her baby! :) I remember praying over her for so long and love, love,love that you guys are sister's AND friends in the Lord. Totally blesses me to see how God worked though you and used you and how Yvette will bless others because of that overflow of Christ's love. The pictures are fun and I was looking for you to post. Miss you friend! Your on my prayer wall now! :)

Mary Marantz January 14, 2009 at 8:19 AM  

I know! I felt the same way about Christmas this year! Great shots of the baby!

Crystal January 14, 2009 at 2:54 PM  

You're back :)! I always appreciate your photos, your kidos are darling. December was crazy for me too! Thank God for the new year and no holidays for a while ;).

Eileen January 16, 2009 at 8:12 AM  

What GREAT pictures! I love getting to see your family, their growth, your love as a couple and family unit, your witness in the community and following God's calling. You guys ROCK!!! And your card was FABULOUS... I showed it to my friends in the office because I thought it was AWESOME!!!

Leslie January 21, 2009 at 3:39 PM  

Oh Rhonda... love your posts always... and wowza your kids are so gorgeous!!

Thanks for your always sweet comments on my blog.. your too kind.

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP