They’re On Their Way

>> June 23, 2009

team

Yesterday, the team going to Uganda met at my house at noon. We had some lunch, made sure all the donations found a spot in someone’s luggage, gathered out front to pray, then loaded up 2 vehicles and headed to the San Francisco International Airport.


Off-to-Africa_2228

We made it by 5pm so they could get checked in for their 7pm departure, unloaded passengers and luggage, gave hugs and kisses and said goodbye for 2 1/2 weeks.













Right now as I am typing this, the team should be in the air on their way from London to Nairobi where they have a 2 hour layover before heading to their final destination of Entebbe. They will arrive in Entebbe at 9:45 am tomorrow (which is 11:45 pm tonight our time).

Please pray for them over the next couple of weeks – they’re going to need all the prayer they can get.

Bruce, our day today has run pretty smoothly. The boys went to VBS this morning. I had to pick Mason up early though because he was crying. He said he just wanted to be with me (too many kids he didn’t know and not enough that he did know to feel ok for him.) After VBS Cara picked both boys up to go swim at their house. Molly had a nap at 1 and went to swim at grandma’s. I’m getting ready to pick the boys up and take Merritt to baseball practice. We love you and are already counting the minutes until you get home. (Mason thinks it would be cool if it were only 2 seconds. – Me too!) We look forward to hearing from you once you get settled in there.

3 responses:

Crystal June 24, 2009 at 9:24 AM  

So cool. I love that you are waiting in the wings with your camera, catching every kodak moment :).

I hope this trip is awesome and changes their lives!

Adventures of Supermom June 24, 2009 at 4:55 PM  

Aww, what great pictures! I'm glad I got to share in your birthday today!

Christy June 25, 2009 at 9:46 AM  

Ugh! My account wouldnt let me comment the last day or so. Great photos and be safe Bruce! Cant wait to hear how God uses you all.

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP