Christmas Cards for a 5 year old boy - Meet Noah Biorkman

>> November 5, 2009

Update: Noah passed away on Monday November 23. Please continue to pray for his family.


Hi friends. I'm posting once again with a plea for prayer.
I don't know this family or anyone involved, but read about it here and felt compelled to share it with you too.

This is directly from the blog post I read...

A dear friend sent this to me, and I’ve done some digging to see if this situation is really true. I wish it wasn’t. This is what she wrote: Dr Tom Curran is a radio personality, and he is in the process of setting up a 24 hour live) online Rosary where people around the world can meet together online and pray. One of the prayer requests last night was for a family in Michigan where 5 year Noah is in the final stages of his 2.5 year battle with Neuroblastoma…a particularly vicious form of childhood cancer with a 0% chance of survival. (If you’ve read the amazing book Gloria’s Miracle you know how ruthless this disease really is.) Well, Noah is probably not going to make it to Christmas so the family is going to celebrate the holiday this coming weekend. Apparently, Noah likes Christmas Cards and receiving things in the mail. The request was sent out to have people flood their mailbox with Christmas Cards encouraging Noah in his final struggle! If you could take a moment to send him a Christmas Card in the next few days, it would really be appreciated!
The news about Noah’s early Christmas has spread through a number of radio stations. This is Noah
.


Noah’s address is below.
Noah Biorkman
1141 Fountain View Circle
South Lyon, MI 48178

There is also a radio station collecting cards for the family.
I have read a few entries on the care page his family has set up for him.
The latest update was posted yesterday. He gets to see Santa on Friday and Sunday is his family celebration. His prognosis is 1-3 weeks at best. He is on A LOT of pain medication to help him be able to walk and play. He lives with his mom and grandma, but dad lives nearby and he gets to go to his dad's whenever he wants.

If you want to pray for them specifically, or send cards to his parents, his mom's name is Diana and his dad's name is Scott. The above address is mom's. On the care page she gives dad's address as well:
Scott Biorkman
3480 Petoskey Way
Milford, Michigan 48380

I don't ever want to know what it feels like to be in their position or Angel's parent's position. My heart is breaking for these families, but God is using the outpouring of love that is coming in to help this family get through this. Here is a quote from their most recent update:

This is the hardest thing that we have had to deal with on a daily basis and the packages and cards and messages have been a great distraction for all four of us (my mom is included in this group as she lives with me). Noah's spirit is undeniable and you can see it in his eyes and smile. He has a way about him that is both unique and special. Yeah, yeah I know, I'm biased, but it has been amazing to watch.

Praise God for the opportunity to come together as His body in unity to pray for and minister to this family. From my reading, I'm not sure where they stand with God - all the more reason to pray for their family.

Here is a news report about Noah.
I have some letter writing to do today!

2 responses:

Christy November 7, 2009 at 7:52 AM  

thanks Rhonda, not sure I can write today though, the lump in my throat and tears welling up are in the way. I am really struggling with the suffering of these kiddos and their parents. Thank you for posting about Angel, I know Sarah will thank you as well. Reminds me of how blessed we are that our kids are strong and healthy today. We forget to give thanks for that daily I think.

Anonymous November 11, 2009 at 1:12 AM  

Dear Rhonda,

Noah's story certainly is a very touching one and really brings to surface the ruthless nature and our helplesness in the faces of these incurable diseases. I hope that stories such as Noah's bring more awareness about this disease.

I have setup a blog however especially for Noah as a place where people can leave their prayers for Noah and hope for a miracle through the collective prayer of the masses. Thank you so much for posting this on your blog.

http://prayerfornoah.blogspot.com/

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP