Thankful for life in the cracks

>> November 26, 2009


HAPPY THANKSGIVING

There is so much to be thankful for this year.
There are the things that are always in my list…

Jesus
Family
Friends
A house to give me shelter
A home to share life, love, laughter,
Food on my table
Health
But God has been stirring in me so much more to give thanks for…
I’m thankful for dishes piled up in the sink still needing to be washed
Because of the quality time spent over a meal that they represent
I’m thankful for muscles that are still sore after a week
Because they represent where I’m going instead of where I came from
I’m thankful for all the tears shed this past year
Because they drew me closer to God
I’m thankful for the constant Spiritual attack we feel under the pressure of
Because it means that the enemy feels a need to fight against me
I’m thankful for the move my good friends and neighbors are making even though I am going to miss them terribly
Because it means I will have new opportunities to be a light for new neighbors
I’m thankful for the constant chaos that I feel with toys and stuff strewn all over my house - all the time.
Because it represents the young ones that I love so much who are healthy and able and vivacious
I'm thankful for the friendships that aren’t the same anymore
Because in my grappling with the fact that I can’t make people want my friendship God shows me how much my grief resembles His when I don’t choose Him.
I’m thankful that God is in the middle of the deep cracks in my life that cause so much pain sometimes.
For our present troubles are quite small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us an immeasurably great glory that will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see right now; rather, we look forward to what we have not yet seen. For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever.
2 Corinthians 4:17, 18 NLT


There is abundant LIFE in the cracks!

9 responses:

Sarita Allen November 26, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

I love your perspective on things that can be very frustrating =D. I am blessed to be your friend. God bless you and your family this Thanksgiving!

Lori November 26, 2009 at 4:10 PM  

Thanks for sharing Rhonda. What a great perspective. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Jessica November 27, 2009 at 10:01 AM  

What a great post... I love that perspective... it's something I'm working on right now.

Crystal November 27, 2009 at 7:26 PM  

Wow. How profound. And exactly what I needed to read tonight. Wow.

I read James 1 this morning and I couldn't get past vs. 2&3. Realzing that patience has to "finish" it's work in order for me to be whole. And if I fail to view the trial as an opportunity for growth I repeat the lesson (100 times if necessary) until patience is actually finished---meaning all of the way done (dang it!).

I felt major pangs of empathy about the "friendships that aren't the same anymore." I just told Stephen today I'm realizing I have to grieve one of my friendships b/c I think I'm the only one who really wants to stay close. It hurts. But draws me closer to God.

Great thoughts Rhonda. Excellent.

Diana November 29, 2009 at 5:25 PM  

I am thankful for your friendship, your insight, and for the hilarious memory created as you captured this image!

Anonymous November 30, 2009 at 8:47 AM  

Great post, Rhonda!
-Bethany

Anonymous November 30, 2009 at 10:56 PM  

Beautiful...I really needed to read this, especially the friend thing. So true, and I never thought of it that way.

Christy December 2, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

great post! So thankful for talking to you the other day, isn't God good! Love you friend. :)

Leslie December 3, 2009 at 4:49 PM  

I seriously just got the chills reading this.... lovely thoughts. Lovely perspective. lovely you. God is good.

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP