So proud!!!

>> November 7, 2009


I am SO PROUD of my brother!!!!
Yesterday, he graduated from paramedic school.


He and his wife have made some really hard choices for him to get to this point.
And he finally made it.


A few years ago, I sat with my brother at the mall at 5am on the day after Thanksgiving, listening to him tell me how he was taking this step to change careers.

About how he knew he had missed his calling and had to follow God's lead in this.
How every time he passed an accident on the road he had the urge to stop his car and get out and help.
He would be giving up a very successful career, in a job that he excelled at and made very good money in. Not the worldly choice to make, but he had a calling.
He knew the cost and was asking me to be praying for him as he and his wife prayed about this decision.


Congratulations Derek!!!!
Have I told you yet how PROUD I am of you?





5 responses:

Christy November 8, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

Oh man, we know how hard that is; that life hes choosing and we are so proud of him. We will be there today and I am hoping you will be as well. I have been thinking all week,"please let Rhonda be at the lunch on Sunday!"

Eileen November 9, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

That is SO GREAT!!! Please tell him CONGRATULATIONS!!! I just LOVE the picture of him in line grinning at you. That says it all!

Crystal Keilers, that's me. November 9, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

HUGE congrats! Love the smiley face picture.

Leslie November 24, 2009 at 3:46 PM  

gives me chills.. love seeing people follow in obedience... AWESOME

Stephen November 29, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

I know how he feels...i admire his courage for changing careers and following his heart. I agree, It is a difficult thing to do; i'm encouraged by his story. Please mention to him that he inspired someone today.

:-)

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP