Practice, Practice, Practice pictures

>> January 23, 2008

One of my goals this year is to learn how to use our SLR camera, without using the full auto setting. I have a Photography For Dummies book to help me understand some of the more technical stuff (like f-stop settings, shutter speed, iso, etc), and a friend who showed me the basics of how to use our camera in manual mode. Now I just have to start taking lots of pictures and testing out the different settings. Here are a couple of the pictures I took last week as part of my learning. (These were taken in our living room without a flash.)

Merritt...



Mason...



Molly...




6 responses:

Christy January 23, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

ok in that last picture of Molly, I just want to eat her up! Thanks for sharing your practice shots. Keep it up! :)

Brandi January 24, 2008 at 8:57 AM  

Then it shall be done...I know once you put your mind to something it will be accomplished...one of the many things I love about you...

Jessica January 24, 2008 at 8:32 PM  

Good job! I LOVE that last picture of Molly. I love pictures that are taken up close, they are my favorites :) The more pictures you take and the more practice you get, the better you'll become. I can't wait to get an SLR camera, but I'll be in the same boat... I have no idea how to use one!

christy p January 24, 2008 at 10:46 PM  

FABULOUS photos! Thanks for stopping by my blog. You and I also have another connection, besides Donna and Christy. I am Jenny Platt's sister in law!!

Debbie January 25, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

Rhonda, your kids are ADORABLE!! I still quote Merrit - I was watching him one afternoon for you guys and I thought he was bored and I asked him what he wanted to do and he goes, "I'm happy, are you happy." He was content just hanging out with me. I say that a lot and think of Merrit every time!!

Kimi Clark January 28, 2008 at 1:52 PM  

It is so hard to imagine there was life before Molly. She is so stinkin cute!!! Love the pictures!

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP