Winter Wonderland!

>> January 16, 2008

In a completely spontaneous act the Sunday before last, we drove to the snow. I'm still not quite sure how it all happened, but by the time Epic was packed up in the trailer we, along with 4 friends, were heading to play in the snow. It was a pretty crazy idea (it was still snowing in the mountains), but I had soooo much fun. I haven't been to the mountains while it was snowing in a long time and Saturday had dumped about 16 inches. Needless to say, it was quite beautiful. We got there at about 5pm so it was already starting to get dark, but that didn't deter anyone from having some fun. It did make it hard to take pictures though. I didn't initially turn the flash off, and when I took the first pictures, and all I got was the falling snow because of the flash. Here is one of those...

When I realized that I needed to change the setting to no flash, then I had to have a steady arm, but here are some of what I was able to get with my little point-and-shoot (we didn't bring Bruce's camera with us)...

Merritt... Mason ...
Molly stayed warm in the car with Emily and Maggie (Emily's dog), while I got out to play a little. Then I played in the car while Emily played in the snow.

Our friend Chris Preszler was up to visit for the weekend and got drug along on our adventure. Molly had fun with Chris, but only stayed outside for a few minutes. It was tooooo cold and she didn't like it one bit.
Chris, Emily and Maggie.
Thanks Chris, Emily, Brian and Christopher for a really fun time!

3 responses:

Christy January 18, 2008 at 8:03 AM  

oh my gosh, how fun and are you kidding that is Chris? Holy cow! Hes all grown huh? Sometimes arent the most spontanious things the best! We are going to Hume in April for Firefighters for Christ, maybe we can meet up. ;)

DonnaG January 20, 2008 at 7:37 AM  

That sounds like so much fun. I love the idea of just going. No planning just getting out and doing it. So fun.

Sheri Leming January 23, 2008 at 10:14 AM  

Hey Rhonda!
Love the pictures! Sounds like so much fun...

Thank you for your prayers! God is good!

Love and miss you all,
Sheri

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP