The War is On

>> February 29, 2008

with fat, that is.
And I'm going to win!



My weight has been like a yo-yo since I got pregnant with Merritt.
After each birth I would eventually lose some weight again - never quite to where I was before it all began though.
I think it was hard for me to get there, knowing I was going to have more babies and gain it back and have to go through all of that hard work again.
Such a stumbling block.
Really, I am tired of being on a diet. I have been on one, on and off, my whole life.
It's sad to me when I look back at pictures of my youth. Why was I always on a diet? I was NOT overweight.
See?... (I am the one on the left. And for those of you who are wondering, this was on the job at the Queen Mary)


That is not the case now, but soon it will be. And I don't have any intentions of being pregnant again, so this time it can be for good.

Since Molly was born I have tried a few times to get on the weight loss train, only to fall off hard. I realized that I think I need some real accountability.
I thought about Weight Watchers, but it doesn't fit in our budget. And besides that I don't want to pay just to step on the scale in front of others. I already know how to eat right.
I prayed about it.
One morning while I was taking a shower I thought about asking a few people I know, who are trying to lose weight, to join me in making our own weight loss accountability meeting. I know that I need that kind of encouragement to be successful this time. I had one friend in mind, but I wasn't sure who else to ask.
Somehow, while I was with my regular accountability group this week, this came up. I shared what I was thinking. One of them said that they would do it with me. And before we all realized what we were doing, we were all weighing in together and recording our starting weights and goal weights.

So here we go!

and here are some images of my yo-yo...

pre-kids:

post-Merritt (and this is after I already lost some weight.):

2 months before I got pregnant with Mason:
post-Mason:

1 month before I got pregnant with Molly:

And well, most of you know what I look like now.

5 responses:

Jeka March 1, 2008 at 9:55 AM  

I hear you my friend. You do look great though. And you have an advantage being a pear shaped rather than an apple shape (like me)

Jessica March 1, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

You can do it Rhonda! Do you work out too, or are you just dieting? Keep us posted on your progress :) I like the new look of your blog, cute :)

Rhonda March 1, 2008 at 12:22 PM  

I work out as much as my family allows. I have been able to get out for a good walk 3 times this week. And I try to get situps and such in, but Mason seems to think that if I lay down to exercise it's mommy-is-a-jungle-gym time. So I do my best.

Diana March 1, 2008 at 1:00 PM  

I certainly wish you the best! Having people to hold you accountable and ask how things are going will definitely make things easier (and harder-as you can't slack off when they're constantly reminding you!). Good luck!

Christy March 2, 2008 at 6:42 AM  

You can do it friend! I will pray for you in your journey & check in on you. Great pictures by the way. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP