What A Weekend

>> February 21, 2008

I know it's already Thursday. Tells you what my week has been like.
(warning: if you get faint at the site of owies, stop when you get to Monday)

Start with last Friday...
Bruce and I got to go on a date without ANY kids. (Thank you Brad & Lori) It has been since before Molly was born that that has happened.


On Saturday our good friends,
Chris and Melissa Seybert, came to visit us.
It's always great to get to spend quality time with good friends.
We got to have fun with their kids too. (We moved from San Bernardino when Melissa was pregnant with their oldest, Caleb.)










On Sunday, Molly was dedicated.
When she was born we talked about how that would happen for us and Bruce really wanted Chris to do the dedicating. So Chris it was. (Chris was the best man in our wedding, and he was the one who dedicated Merritt seven years ago.)



Thank you Gillums for photographing and videotaping the day for us!
We spent Sunday worshipping with our family at Epic, playing with our friends, having ice cream at Superior Dairy.
It doesn't get much better than that!


Then on Monday, as we were getting ready to spend some of our vacation day at the park, Mason fell and hit his head on the side of the bedpost in his room.
I'm still trying to get to the bottom of how it happened.
I know that it came as the result of playing in a way that he has been told not to do.
My first hint at that was when I asked Mason how it happened and he told me that he didn't want to tell me.
Merritt gave a very incrypted version of what happened as he carefully crafted the words he told me.
(Mason finally gave more details Monday night and it had something to do with jumping off of Merritt's back onto the bean bag, I think.)
He probably should have had stitches, but it was a holiday and the regular doctor's office was closed. An ER trip would have been a minimum of $150 and 6 hours.
So I iced it, cleaned it, dressed it (a few different times), and in the late afternoon got the steri-strips to stick and hold the wound closed. (I'm now pretty grateful for that first aid certification I got.)
The nurse on the advise line (who I spoke to because there weren't any urgent care appointments available) said that as long as I didn't mind a scar, it could wait until Tuesday morning.
On Tuesday morning it was already healing - too late for stitches. The doctor said to just keep an eye on it and bring him in if it started looking infected.

Here are pictures of the wound and how it looked after dr. mom's treatment.


Now, to get my house clean.

4 responses:

Brandi February 22, 2008 at 7:14 AM  

Poor baby...see what happens when the kids don't have school on mondays...just wait until the summer!!! ha ha

Jessica February 22, 2008 at 7:49 AM  

Wow, that's quite a gash! At least you didn't have to go sit in the ER for hours. How fun that you saw the Seiberts... their kids look like they are really cute.

Christy February 22, 2008 at 9:23 AM  

OH owwwww! That is deep. Good job nurse mom! Oh and I agree with Branid, just wait till' summer. :) Love your new page layout and the Seybert kids are getting so big. Do they look like mom and dad or what?

Lori February 23, 2008 at 5:38 PM  

Good job Momma. Isn't isn't amazing how God always gives us the strength (and the stomach) to do what we need to do for our kids?

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP