Mason

>> February 8, 2008


Mason is one of the cutest kids ever! There is no specific reason to celebrate him today - no birthday, no special awards, etc. But why does a parent need a specific reason to celebrate their children? He makes me laugh ALL the time. AND he tells me he loves me at least 50 times a day.

I am part of an accountability group and one of our weekly questions that we hold each other accountable for is, "How have you spent time enjoying your children this week?" This is about being purposeful to ENJOY my kids, so tonight Mason and I had a date. (Merritt had a date with Bruce in the afternoon.) He wanted to go to Starbucks and get a "coffee". (He had a green tea frappuccino and a chocolate doughnut.) He was beaming from ear to ear the whole time we were there. There were a couple of men there who struck up conversation with him and when they were done talking about how old Mason was, how cool Batman was, and what his green drink tasted like, Mason whispered to me, with a huge smirky grin on his face, "I'm not going to tell them my name. I'm never going to tell them my name. Well, next time I see them I will tell them my name." I told him that was ok. They hadn't asked his name anyways. And then about 2 minutes later one of the men asked Mason what his name was. Mason, in a very sing-songy fashion with a little laugh at the end (and enjoying every minute of it) said, "I'm not telling you!" He looked at me and smirked, like we had an inside joke going on. (Really, he was dying to tell them his name.) The man told him his name, and his 2 sons names who were with him, and his grandaughter's name (who had just left the store with her boyfriend because her family showed up). So Mason said, "OK, my name is MASON!" He was sooooo proud of himself. I'm sure I was beaming too because the men couldn't stop complementing my son.

I took this one of us...
Mason took this one...

3 responses:

Jessica February 8, 2008 at 7:11 AM  

That is so cute and sweet... it makes me look forward to Ethan being old enough to do that (not that I'm not enjoying every moment of him being a baby too) :)

Christy February 8, 2008 at 8:07 AM  

YAY for dates with our kids! Isnt that the best when they get old enough to so that with? I love the photo too. Cute mason, very cute!!

DonnaG February 8, 2008 at 10:52 PM  

that is so stinkin' cute the two of you. How completely sweet! Ahhhhh

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP