Friends, Hume Lake and a birthday

>> June 25, 2008


Our friends Dan and Christy are at Hume Lake and we got to go visit them on Tuesday.

They go every year for the romance conference where they serve as staff and minister to other couples. Last year Christy invited us to spend one of their days off with them by the lake, but because of our schedule, the best we could do was have lunch with them in Visalia as they drove through on their way. (Which we managed to do even after they had a tire blowout on their motor home.)
This year, however, we managed to get to Hume ourselves.
If you have never been to the Hume Lake Christian Conference Center, you are missing out.
This was my first time there and it is amazing, not only because of everything that there is to do there, but it is beautiful.
It is in the Sequoia National Forest, which is pretty high on the list of "amazing creations of God to see before you die".

It was a nice way to spend my birthday - visiting with old friends that we don't get to see very often, watching my kids have a GREAT time, hanging out in the midst of God's amazing creation. I only wish we didn't have to rush off so early.

Thanks Harker family for a great visit!!!

Here are a few pictures I took...






The kids were pretty excited to get OtterPops. I didn't get a picture, but even Molly was grubbing on the yummy treat.
And getting to ride in the Jeep was a sure highlight of the day - especially when mom stuck her head out the sunroof with the camera while we were driving. (Thanks Christy for the threats - to help me capture this picture.)


4 responses:

Leslie June 26, 2008 at 8:43 AM  

ahhh HUME.... Nick and I went a couple times when we first dating, we had friends on staff, and would stay with them.

BEAUTIFUL, and trully one of those places that I can always go back to if I close my eyes, we enjoyed so many memories there.

Gosh would love to go back.

christy p June 26, 2008 at 8:53 AM  

Love your photos. Truly amazing.

Dale and I have never been to that conference. I just emailed him and told him I would LOVE to go next summer. Is it kidless?

Glad you got to visit with Christy!

Jessica June 26, 2008 at 9:28 AM  

Oh how fun, I'm glad you got to connect with the Harkers :) Hume sounds like it's beautiful, we need to make it up there some day.

Christy July 1, 2008 at 8:26 AM  

Happy birthday my friend! I am so glad you guys got to come up even though you beat me to the Blog post! ;) I am going to post our picture this week after some recovery! We had a great time and were blessed that you took time out of your busy day to be with us. Love you!

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP