High School

>> June 6, 2008

This month is my 20th reunion. (actually, last year was 20 years but the reunion was put off until this year. AND where did those 20 years go?)
My school opened its doors in 1985 with only Sophomores and Juniors. So the alumni association decided it would be fun to have a joined reunion for the first 2 graduating classes. They are calling it the "Totally '80s Flashback Reunion." I'm sure it WILL be fun.
We can't go, but I wish we could.
I had the BEST high school experience.
I know I went to the BEST school, the Los Angeles County High School for the Arts.
It truly was a magical experience that I was blessed to be a part of.

I am bringing this up because I got an email from a high school friend today with some YouTube links (posted by a guy we went to school with) to videos of us performing - remember, it was an arts high school.
Talk about flashback! Oh the memories.
I wanted to share a couple of the performances with you. I was only 16 for these performances, so don't be too harsh in your judgment of me.

Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
(I am the one on the far left.)


"Birdland"
(I am on the far right - and not on screen much, but what an outfit I have on. The actual song doesn't start until 2:45, so you might want to fast forward a little.)


"Black Butterfly"

8 responses:

Diana June 6, 2008 at 9:21 PM  

You mean they had video cameras when you graduated from high school? haha, just kidding! It's so great that you have those videos now to go along with the memories from high school. They were fun to watch!

Christy June 7, 2008 at 7:43 AM  

wow! 20 years! You go girl! Too funny, thanks for sharing. Fun to look back huh? :)

DonnaG June 7, 2008 at 8:20 AM  

Holy Big Hair Rhonda, that was totally rad. I love the videos. I was smiling the whole time I was watching them.

I missed my reunion last year because of the church campout. I enormously regret not going. Bad choice on my part. And if you can't go to yours, can I? It will be a do-over for me :)

Love ya

Leslie June 9, 2008 at 8:44 AM  

Rhonda these videos are AWESOME to have... and so great to say you had a great high school experience, I don't many that would say that.

btw. The Phil & Ted's are what all my neighbors have, but there is something weird to me about the infant looking like they are shoved up in the basket, how weird is that. Plus I do want something that I can snap the carseat into for the first 6 months... but yes everyone says they love theres if it worked for infant infant and after I totally would its a lot of money to spend for like 6 months.

Crystal Keilers, that's me. June 11, 2008 at 11:57 AM  

so sad. the videos won't play for me. any suggestions?

Eileen June 12, 2008 at 6:31 AM  

Ditto about the videos... didn't get to see them. But LOVED seeing your pictures... the birthday party looked AWESOME! What a lucky girl to have such incredible parents that take such pride and joy in their child! Wish I could be an active part of your life and family... but at least I can view from a distance! Love to all, Eileen

Rhonda June 12, 2008 at 10:09 AM  

Sorry. It looks like the videos were removed from YouTube. I'm not sure why. Crystal and Eileen, I'll let you know if they get re-posted.

Debbie June 12, 2008 at 7:00 PM  

Great videos!! Did you have a blast watching yourself and remembering high school??!! Thanks for sharing.

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP